2.3

I purchased prescription, progressive lens glasses from Hakim Optical on Kingsway in Burnaby, BC in November, 2015, and chose Hakim’s Burnaby location because they offered a much better selection of frames than Sears Optical, where I purchased my last two pairs. The good news was that they were ready within one week. My first impression in trying them when I picked them up was that they had a significantly narrower field of clear vision for distant objects. I mentioned this to the sales manager who told me this was likely “just in my head,” and something I’d get used to after wearing them for a week.

I liked their great pre-sale customer service and agreed that the real test was to wear them for an extended period, and did for two weeks. During this time it became clear to me that these Hakim lenses were significantly inferior to my very blurry, old pair of glasses from Sears having the exact same prescription in one eye, and a very minor change in prescription in the other. [Backgrounder: the only reason I purchased new glasses was because the coating on the lenses had deteriorated and made them blurry. This may have happened because I made the mistake of using mild hand soap to clean them].

What surprised me is that the Hakim glasses costing $100 more than those from Sears Optical didn’t enable me to see nearly as clearly as my old glasses. This was true for both distance, where my field of clear vision was significantly limited, and especially apparent when viewing close up objects like text on my phone, which was nearly impossible to read using Hakim lenses. I’d rate these Hakim lenses 3/10 compared to my 9/10 Sears Optical lenses. My next step is to give Hakim the opportunity to keep me satisfied by replacing these lenses with ones equal to, or better than those from Sears Optical, because I find my new Hakim lenses don’t enable me to see clearly and need replacing ASAP.

Please see http://www.jobprodirectory.com/My-Terrible-Experience-Buying-Glasses-From-Hakim-Optical.html for details.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hakim Optical Eyeglasses.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Variety of frames.

I didn't like: Defective lenses they supplied, Poor quality of the lenses.

Comments