Toronto, Ontario

Went Hakim, to get my new prescription, in the past I had glasses made with Nikon lenses and had no issue with Hakim before.But not this time!

As soon as I received my glasses I complained hey I do not see sharp with them! I was told no problem" your eyes will get used to it because it is a new prescription, but come back in a month or so if you gave issue and we will fix it! So I go back a month later, nothing wrong with your glasses, it is the nose piece, and will adjust it for you try it now... Another month, more BS of the same.

Then I asked for the paper that indicated the actual cut from Nikon: it was not according to the prescription, it was off. Then the person at the Hakim store left, ended up with another person, who again just gave me the run around, saying that it is close so it may be off a 1%! Went to my optometric doctor, she checked out my glasses: they were way off from the actual prescription! Now Hakim store clerk refuses to have the glasses redone -- as it is past 90 days!!!

WTF! I called their head office 416-439-3416, they stated it is BS! They have to redo it, according to the correct prescription!

So far nothing has been done!!!

Just a lot of run aroind and BS!Avoid the store at Bathurst and Eglinton!

Had an Experience with Hakim Optical?

Comments

Optician
North York, Ontario, Canada #934869

Nikon optical has a very enhanced program to adjust the prescription according to some factors that have to be considered during the manufacturing process.Some factors including frame face form, PD , position of the eye in the frame and etc....

Other companies follow more or less the same pattern when manufacturing the digital lenses however they may not declare it. 100% of prescriptions that I have sent to nikon are different from actual Rx from doctor. Very minor difference . Your optometrist definitely knows that or else he/ she is living in a different time.

I just said that for your information. Not trying to defend anybody. As they haven't fabricated this job, Nikon did. Wear them by confident.

Thats the right glass according to the Rx I see.

customer service
Toronto, Ontario, Canada #879790

Hakim Optical serves on average, 1000 prescriptions a day across Canada.Some of them very are simple and many of them very complex.

With our Swiss and German engineered state of the art laboratories, we strive to perfect every pair of eyeglasses we sell to our customers.

We may face 1 or 2 unsatisfied customers and we do our utmost to eliminate customer complaints even though they are very few.

Surveys show that other companies have as many as 10% unhappy customers.

Hakim Optical is owned and operated by Sir Hakim who has dedicated his life and built his reputation on providing his customers with unmatched exceptional service.

We cherish our customers and are proud that we had up to an 80% repeat customer rate for over 40 years.

If this situation has not been rectified please feel free to contact us at customerservice@hakimoptical.ca

PT1

I ASSUME YOU COULDNT NOT AFFORD TO BUY NIKON LENSES THE SENCOND TIME WHEN YOU WENT TO HAKIM OPTICAL. AND IM SURE THERE WAS A BIG PRICE DIFFERENCE, DONT BLAME ANYONE BUT YOUR POCKET!

Cara
to PT1 London, Ontario, Canada #791684

PTI, the poster said they had were Nikon lenses in the past, not for pair of lenses make incorrectly.It has nothing to do with a price difference, or how affordable, or anyone's pocket money.

It has to do with an error on Hakim's lab in cutting the lenses wrong.

They do NOT match the prescription.

I too had the same problem and the same run-around with a pair from Hakim last year.I had been a loyal customer for over 30 years, but will never return!