Insurance Plans Acceptance

Hakim Optical needs to be rated at 0 stars.Avoid, avoid and avoid.

Went to Queen and Bay location in Toronto to get a contact removed that broke apart in my eye and yes, I bought that pack there since I've been a loyal customer for almost a decade. Things happen, that's fine. Here is my story: I came in on Friday, November 3rd because one of my contacts broke apart in my eye, which has never ever happened before. I asked to order another brand of contact lenses.

I did not expect to get this new box for free. Mario said that it will arrive on Tuesday, November 7th. - knowing that Mario doesn't always keep his promises, I called on Tuesday morning to ensure that my order will be ready for pick up in the afternoon. He confirmed that it will be available after 3pm.

- I stopped by at 5:30p on Tuesday to pick it up. I was greeted by someone named Tammy, who refused to divulge her last name. Tammy told me that the order didn't come in and that there is nothing she can do for me. I said that I have a meeting the next day and that I really need those contacts.

I asked if she can offer another brand as a sample. Tammy didn't even bother going to the back and checking. She said that there is nothing she can do for me. I asked why I wasn't called to be notified of the delivery delay.

Tammy proceeded to say that they are understaffed and that Mario had an emergency, with zero regard or empathy for my time and my needs. The following events blew my mind: 1. I said that "I don't care" that you are understaffed. You still need to find a way to service a customer.

At this point, Tammy who was holding my order, crumpled it right in front of my face and walked away from me in a huff saying "Well, I don't care either..." 2. I followed her to the counter and said that her behavior is unacceptable but Tammy refused to apologize or show any sort of remorse for her actions. After I told her that she doesn't deserve to be employed, she said that she will call security because I'm threatening her. I told her to call the cops as well.

Why not, right? I messaged customer service on FB and was told that someone will get in touch with me. Of course, that never happened. I want an apology for being treated like crap and for ruining my evening and day to come since I didn't have lenses for my meetings.

Stay away from this company. Maybe an odd location here or there has great people, but overall this place does not care about their customers.

There is no customer service number to call, nothing.THIS IS A TERRIBLE way to run a business.

Review about: Hakim Optical Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Rude emotionless employees, Recent experience.

Comments

Lol for one sounds like she is not an optician so she can't dispense your contacts to you..two where are your glasses?

You shouldn't be wearing contacts if you don't own contacts as a back up.

If a doctor had a personal emergency and had to reschedule you wouldn't be ranting like this..How is this any different?

to Anonymous #1391880

Wow, this is getting better and better.You are clearly NOT a customer but a company representative coming to this forum and trying to discredit all these awful reviews.

Go re-read what I wrote, you ignorant {{Redacted}}.

1. Where are my glasses? None of your business

Is she allowed to dispense contacts? Yes she does. She had my order in her hand.

Fact that he had a person emergency is irrelevant.

What's relevant is how I was treated at that store.

Goodbye Troll.

to Anonymous #1392092

Point being is that she is not allowed to dispense them to you.And your not allowed to purchase contacts if you don't own a pair of glasses..

so my point of him having a personal emergency is relevant because he is the only one allowed to dispense them to you...

this is regulation look it up..and I don't work for this company but I am an optician researching this company as a possible prospect.

to Anonymous #1392094

Re-read my review.I do own a pair of glasses.

Bottom line is that she treated me like *** after they sold me a defective box of contacts and ordered me a new one that didn't show up when they promised it would. I even called to confirm. You are researching this company as a possible prospect for what?

You want to be associated with a brand that has a ton of horrible reviews and poor reputation.Just go away.